Weekly tele-lecture on the explanation of Kitāb at-Tawheed by Shaykh ʿĀlī al-Waseefee translated into English by Muḥammad Shabāna
The series started on Muḥarram 21, 1442H corresponding to September 09, 2020
PDF of the Book: Arabic | English
The lecture is also available on YouTube and on Facebook.
Lesson 01 (Muḥarram 21, 1442H | September 09, 2020):
- The content of the book
- Different kinds of Tawḥīd
- Different kinds of Shirk
- How Shayṭān misguides the people
- How Bidʿah resembles Shirk
- Different types of speaking about Allāh without knowledge
- The virtue of People of Knowledge who are upon justice
- Importance of knowing about Tawḥīd and Shirk
Lesson 02 (Muḥarram 28, 1442H | September 16, 2020):
- Continuation on the introduction to Tawḥīd
- Detailed explanation on the statement of the author Bismillāh, walḥamdulillāh
Lesson 03 (Ṣafar 06, 1442H | September 23, 2020):
- Detailed Explanation on the statement of the author: wa ṣallallāhu ʿala muḥammadin wa ʿalá ālihi wa ṣaḥbihi wa sallam
- What is the Ṣalāt of Allāh upon the prophet?
- What is the Ṣalāt of the angels upon the believers?
- Who are the Ahl al-Bayt (household members) in general and in specific
- Detailed Explanation on the statement of the author Kitāb at-Tawḥīd
- The whole of the Qurʾān contains Tawḥīd
Lesson 04 (Ṣafar 13, 1442H | September 30, 2020):
- A detailed explanation of the statement of the author: Allāh said: "And I did not create the jinns and humans except to worship Me".
- Every attribute of Allāh has a specific worship
- The care of Allāh is for all of His creation, even for the disobedient people.
- A detailed explanation of ʿIbādah (worship)
- Allāh is not in need of His creation
- The meaning of Tāghūt
- Taking the statements of the scholars who don't conform to the truth is a minor Shirk
- The story of Shaykh ibn al-ʿUthaymīn when a student asked him for proof in an issue
- Refutation of Jahmiyyah who say that "to worship Me" means "to have knowledge of Me (only)"
- Allāh sent all of the Messengers with Islām only.
- Tawfīq (success to accept) is a blessing from Allāh, and He gives it to whom He wills.
Lesson 05 (Ṣafar 20, 1442H | October 07, 2020):
- A detailed explanation of the statement of the author: Allāh said: And verily, We have sent among every Ummah (community, nation) a Messenger (proclaiming): “Worship Allāh (Alone), and avoid (or keep away from) Ṭāghūt” [Sūrat al-Naḥl ayah 36]
- The difference between the Prophets and the Messengers
- What is the meaning of Ṭāghūt and who are they
- Allāh wants guidance for everyone, but each individual chooses his own path
- We don't leave the Minhaj (methodology) of the Prophet Muḥammad ﷺ for other than him
Lesson 06 (Ṣafar 27, 1442H | October 14, 2020):
- What is Ṭāghūt?
- Explanation of the verse: “And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him.”
- Explanation of the verse: “And that you be dutiful to your parents.”
- What is al-Iḥsān
- Explanation of the verse: “Worship Allah and join none with Him in worship, and do good to parents”
- The prohibition of killing the child out of poverty
- The prohibition of killing the child out of fear of poverty
- Allāh guarantees provision for His slave
- Allāh didn't create the Paradise for you, rather he created for you a way to enter Paradise
- The prohibition of coming near the Fawāḥish
- The prohibition of killing a soul except with right
- Explanation of the verse: “And do not approach the orphan's property except in a way that is best”
- Who is an orphan?
- Give full measure and weight
- What is the difference between al-Kayl (measure) and al-Mīzān (weight)?
- Being just in one’s speech
- What is al-ʿAdl (justice)?
- What is the Straight Path?
Lesson 07 (Rabīʿ al-Awwal 04, 1442H | October 21, 2020):