X Incorrect username or password! Username and password cannot be empty!
Weekly lesson on the explanation of the Lāmiyyah Poem of Shaykh al-Islām Ibn Taymīyyah by Shaykh Dr. ʿAbdulilāh Lahmāmī حفظه الله.
The series started on June 15, 2020, corresponding to Shawwāl 24, 1441H, and concluded on August 31, 2020 corresponding to Muḥarram 08, 1442H.
May Allāh reward the Shaykh and make it heavy on his scales.
Download the PDF file of the text of the Lāmiyyah Poem in Arabic with translation into English by Shaykh Abū ʿIyāḍ Amjad Rafīq here.
The Lāmiyyah Poem which is ascribed to of Shaykh al-Islām Ibn Taymīyyah رحمه الله is only 16 verses of poetry, easy to memorize, and a great starting point in memorization for a child or a beginner in knowledge.
The poem comprises major elements of the belief of the Salaf and touches upon
• The excellence of the Companions,
• Making Tawassul to Allāh through one’s love of them,
• The superiority of Abū Bakr aṣ-Ṣiddīq رضي الله عنه,
• Referring back to the Qurʾān and the Sunnah,
• Believing in the verses of the attributes upon the way of the Salaf,
• Refuting the Ashʿaris who base their view on the Qurʾān from the saying of a Trinitarian Christian,
• Belief in seeing Allāh (the Ruʾyah) in the Hereafter,
• Belief in Allāh’s descent to the lowest heaven without how,
• Belief in the Mīzān, Ḥawḍ and Ṣirāṭ (from the affairs of the Hereafter),
• The punishment of the Fire and the reward of Paradise in relation to Divine Wisdom its connection to the topic of al-Qadar,
• The questioning in the grave,
• And establishing this was the creed of the four Imāms.